Why are marketers constantly wooing Millennials? Answer:
- Number one demographic in the country (approximately 80 million).
- More Millennials in the workforce than any other generation.
- Estimated $1.4 trillion in disposable income by 2020.
If Millennials are on your radar screen, below are two great topical marketing stories.
- Molson-Coors – They have been losing sales to competitive craft beers and the overall decline in beer penetration primarily because Millennials prefer wine. As a result, Coors recently introduced Coors Light XP, a loyalty program (points/rewards) complete with a gamification element (trivia challenges, Instagram incentives).
- Uniworld Cruises – U cruises will launch in 2018, specifically a new concept targeting the 21-to-45-year-old travelers seeking a special European river experience. Two ships will be designed with sleek interiors complete with communal spaces and lounges. On board activities will include cooking and wine classes, as well as landscape painting. Off shore, U cruisers will have the opportunity to explore independently or take guided tours like accompanying the ship’s chef to a local food market.
How are you planning to woo Millennials?