Warning: This is a disruptive blog post!
I know I am not the only individual who believes that the word disruption has become exaggerated. Examples:
- Companies no longer innovate; they implement disruptive innovation.
- There are no longer niche food companies, there are only disruptive food companies.
- The Big 3 consulting firms, McKinsey, BCG and Bain, are no longer retained to change organizations, they are bought in to disrupt organizations.
- Working long hours no longer interferes with your personal life, it disrupts your personal life.
- Your kids no longer exhibit bad behavior, they exhibit disruptive behavior.
In closing, why have I not read the word disruptive applied to climate change? Climate change is ominously disruptive!