Warning: This is a disruptive blog post!
I know I am not the only individual who believes that the word disruption has become exaggerated. Examples:
- Companies no longer innovate; they implement disruptive innovation.
- There are no longer niche food companies, there are only disruptive food companies.
- The Big 3 consulting firms, McKinsey, BCG and Bain, are no longer retained to change organizations, they are bought in to disrupt organizations.
- Working long hours no longer interferes with your personal life, it disrupts your personal life.
- Your kids no longer exhibit bad behavior, they exhibit disruptive behavior.
In closing, why have I not read the word disruptive applied to climate change? Climate change is ominously disruptive!
You are so right, Jimmy. We need to consider that the “disruption” will continue as long as we don’t hear that climate change is disruptive.
Everyone has a different spin on climate change.